Tim is an experienced administrative law attorney. He has represented clients before the Kansas Department of Health and Environment, the Kansas Corporation Commission, and the Federal Nuclear Regulatory Commission. Tim has helped clients involved in multimillion-dollar environmental and energy matters ensure that large corporations and state agencies comply with state and federal regulations and statutes.
Prior to joining Schoonover and Moriarty LLC, Tim was a solo practitioner at his own firm, Laughlin Law Office, LLC. Here, Tim focused on environmental, energy, and drone law. After two years in solo practice, Tim transitioned to Long & Robinson, LLC where he incorporated his clients from his solo practice and also helped Long & Robinson manage and resolve third-party subpoenas directed at clients.
Tim’s greatest joy in life is his family. He and his wife have a daughter and dog and are anxiously awaiting the arrival of their son. In his free time, Tim serves as the President of the alumni board for Sigma Phi Epsilon at Baker University. Tim is also the vice-chair of the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association's Attorney Well-being Committee and serves as a mentor to 1L law students at Washburn University. Occasionally, Tim will also DJ charity events; a nod to his prior nine-year career as a professional DJ.
J.D., Washburn University School of Law
B.S., Baker University
• Workplace Belonging: More Than Just Opening the Door, KC Counselor, October 2021
• Lawyer Well-being: A Top Investment for a New Decade, KC Counselor, September 2020
• “The Dawn of Drone Law: An Analysis of Drone Regulations and Case Law” Earl E. O’Connor Inn of Court CLE, February 2022.
• "Aerial Mapping Technologies and Procedures" - HalfMoon Education Inc., December 2021.
• "Digital Nervous Systems: A Technical and Regulatory Overview of Drones and Other Autonomous Vehicles" - Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, May 2021.
• "Drones and the Fourth Amendment - Long Lake Township v. Maxon" - Clubhouse - Drone Law Connections, April 2021.
• "Drone Law: Governmental and Municipal Operators" - Missouri Bar Association CLE, May 2021 & February 2021.
• "Drone Law: Commercial Operators" - Missouri Bar Association CLE, May 2021 & February 2021.
• "Drones: What Can a Municipality Do?" - City Attorneys Association of Kansas Virtual Meeting CLE, October 2020.
• "Drones and the Law" - Heartland Drone Company Drone Symposium, February 2020.
• "If I Crash My Drone, How Will an Attorney Sue Me?" - American Society of Professional Estimators - Chapter 32 Estimating Academy, February 2020.
• "If I Crash My Drone, How Will an Attorney Sue Me?" - Construction Leadership Counsel of The Builders Association of Kansas City, December 2019.
• "If I Crash My Drone, How Will an Attorney Sue Me?" - Construction Safety Group of The Builders Association of Kansas City, November 2019.