top of page


A contractor cannot transfer their federal government contracts to another entity without the Government’s consent. To obtain the Government’s consent, the contractor must obtain a novation from the proper contracting officer.  

Ultimately, the Government will only permit the transfer if the transfer is in the Government’s best interests. To that end, the novation process calls for would-be transferors and transferees to furnish a large package of documents that includes, among other things, a draft novation agreement, corporate documents, opinion letters, and financial statements.  

With respect to novations, we provide several services, including: 

  • Advising clients on the novation process  

  • Assisting clients to assemble and package the documents for submission to the proper contracting officer 

  • Interfacing with the relevant contracting officer after the novation package is submitted 

  • Drafting novation agreements  

bottom of page